The features of your hob depend on its type – solid plate, induction, ceramic, or gas. Whichever you select, you can expect several different-sized cooking zones designed for a range of pan sizes.
- Some hobs have the zones further apart to give you more room for multiple pots and pans at once.
- Some gas hobs have one extra-large burner designed for woks – it can reach a very high temperature in a shorter time. If you are a fan of stir-fries or make a lot of one-pot meals, this can be a really useful feature to have.
- Cast-iron pan supports are often found with gas hobs as they’re strong, durable and easily cleaned. These are usually found on the more expensive models.
- New sensor technology helps to prevent pans from boiling over and spilling their contents onto the hob. Sensors monitor the heat and adjust its temperature to reach the boiling point quicker. They even make a noise as the water boils and maintain the right temperature to stop the pan from boiling dry or overflowing.
- You will find some hobs with special settings for cooking methods, such as melting chocolate gently.
Most cookers have built-in safety features.
- Gas models could have a Flame Failure Device (FFD) that automatically turns off the gas if the flame blows out.
- Models that have a lid may have a feature that turns off the gas when it is closed.
- A feature you will often find on electric cookers is a child lock. This ensures that little fingers cannot alter settings when your back is turned.
- You should check if the cooker has an automatic turn off the function to switch off the appliance after a certain amount of time. Some hobs have a similar feature where they turn off if no pan is placed on a hot burner.
Why Choose S&D Ireland For Electric Cooker Repairs?
S&D Ireland offers an Electric Cooker Repairs Service on most of the models offered by the leading manufacturers like Whirlpool, Hotpoint, Beko, Bosch, Hoover, Candy and Indesit. Just call us today on 0151 6017150 to arrange a visit from one of our electric Cooker repair technicians.
Electric Cooker Repairs Ormskirk Call 01695 768738
Electric Cooker Repairs Bootle Call 0151 6017150
Electric Cooker Repairs Lydiate Call 0151 6017150
Electric Cooker Repairs Crosby Call 0151 6017150
Electric Cooker Repairs Southport Call 01704 779123
Electric Cooker Repairs Maghull Call 0151 6017150