S&D Ireland is based in Ormskirk, Lancashire and is a well-established leading independent supplier, installer and repairer of domestic appliances. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service, understanding customers' needs and ensuring that we consistently fulfil requirements whilst achieving high first-time fix rates.
Due to the continued expansion of our business, we are currently recruiting for a white goods/domestic appliance engineer with experience of working in a professional environment. You will work in customers' homes installing, fault-finding and repairing a wide range of household appliances. At a minimum, you must have experience installing and repairing washing machines, dishwashers, electric cookers, tumble dryers and electric hobs that are both freestanding and integrated.
As well as this position, we are also looking to recruit an apprentice engineer who would be willing to learn alongside a more experienced member of our team.
To be considered for the position, you must have the following:
* Good level of physical fitness for the manual handling of domestic appliances.
* Good problem-solving skills and experience of a variety of appliances, including washing machines, electric cookers, dishwashers, tumble dryers, electric hobs etc.
* Experience/training working across a variety of branded products i.e Bosch, Beko, Hotpoint, Whirlpool, Miele, Electrolux etc.
* A responsible attitude to health and safety.
* Strong communication skills, for talking to customers.
* To be able to work quickly, sometimes under pressure.
* To be able to work well on their own, without supervision.
* The willingness to upskill if required.
* Full UK Driving Licence is needed as there will be a requirement to travel to customers' homes.
Dependent on experience
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for the above position, then please e-mail your CV along with a cover letter (no more than one side of A4) detailing your experience, suitability for the role and salary expectations to email@example.com or alternatively by post to S&D Ireland, 68-70 New Court Way, Ormskirk, Lancashire, L39 2YT
The closing date for applications will be Friday, 31st March 2023.