Dishwashers are now a staple part of many kitchens, making cleaning dirty crockery easier than ever.
But what if your dishes are not coming out as clean as you would like? Grease and debris can build up in your dishwasher, giving it an unpleasant odour. Food waste prevents the machine from draining properly, which can cause a flood.
How to Clean Your Dishwasher
Try the following tips.
1. Remove and Clean the Filter
* First clear any crockery and cutlery from the dishwasher. Remove the bottom rack, so you can get to the drain.
* Check the drain for debris that could be blocking it. If you see anything in the filter, put on your rubber gloves and pull it out.
* Remove the filter. Soak it in warm, soapy water for ten minutes.
* If any waste remains, gently scrub with an old toothbrush.
* Once it looks clean, put it back in the dishwasher.
2. Unclog the Spray Arms
* Unscrew the spray arms
* Add a cup of white vinegar to some warm, soapy water and soak them.
* Use some small tweezers to pull any food out of the holes.
* Use a toothpick to clear any remaining food.
* Rinse the arms thoroughly in cold water.
* Wipe them over with a soft cloth.
* Once they are clean, return the arms to the dishwasher.
3. Give the Dishwasher A White Vinegar Wash
* Add a cup of white vinegar to a bowl and place it in the top of the dishwasher.
* Run a hot cycle. This will break down remaining food particles and cut through grease in the bottom of the machine.
Keep Your Appliance In Top Condition
Keeping the dishwasher clean is all well and good, but what else can you do? Here some tips:
* Scrape excess food from plates before loading them in the dishwasher
* Don’t overload the dishwasher.
S&D Ireland – Dishwasher Sales and Repairs
S&D Ireland is your local dishwasher expert: Call us today to find out more about our range of appliances and repair services.
Dishwasher Repairs Southport Call 01704 779 123
Dishwasher Repairs Maghull Call 0151 601 7150
Dishwasher Repairs Formby Call 01704 779 123
Dishwasher Repairs Kirkby Call 0151 601 7150
Dishwasher Repairs Bootle Call 0151 601 7150
Dishwasher Repairs Crosby Call 0151 601 7150