Your fridge freezer would have to win the award for hardest-working kitchen appliance, so we want to keep it working at its best.
What Temperature Should Your Fridge Be?
The ideal temperature for a fridge is between 37°F (3°C) and 40°F (5°C). And the freezer temperature should be set at 0°F (-18°C). Before you go touching those dials, please be aware that it can take up to 24 hours for your fridge to fully adjust to any temperature changes you make.
How to check your fridge’s temperature
If you would like to check how cold your fridge or freezer is and you do not have a temperature readout on the device itself, the easiest way is to do it with an old-fashioned thermometer:
How to Check a Fridge’s Temperature
1. Place the thermometer in a glass of water
2. Leave it inside the fridge overnight
3. Check the temperature reading the first time you open the door in the morning
How to Check a Freezer’s Temperature
1. Place your thermometer in between some bags of frozen vegetables
2. Leave it for about 8 hours or, if possible, overnight
3. Check the temperature reading as soon as you open the freezer the next day
Is your fridge freezer ready to be replaced?
Do you need to buy a new fridge freezer? Or does the old one simply need a domestic appliance repair? Look out for these tell tale signs:
• The food is being frozen when it is in the fridge
• Food is warm when you take it out of your fridge
• Ice is starting to form on the walls of the fridge
• Ice is melting inside the freezer and dripping onto the floor
• Food in the fridge keeps going off before its use by date
• There is condensation on the fridge – inside or outside
S&D Ireland – Domestic Appliance Sales and Repairs
S&D Ireland are your local Ormskirk domestic appliance sales and repairs experts: Call today to find out more about our wide range of domestic appliances Ormskirk and Ormskirk repair services.
Aintree Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 0151 6017150
Tarleton Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01695 768738
Skelmersdale Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01695 768738
Bootle Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 0151 6017150
Southport Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01704 779123
Ormskirk Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01695 768738