When we think of saving money, we often forget about some of the more simple things that we can do to save energy = and therefore to save money. Here are some ideas for saving energy in your home.
Energy Tips For A Greener Home
Kitchen appliances account for 47% of our total household electricity usage. The average household energy bill in the United Kingdom is now approximately £2499.87 a year – and it keeps rising. Devices left on standby cost the average British household approximately £177.93 per year. Here are a few energy saving tips that you can try to save money on your energy bills and cut down your carbon footprint.
- * Unplug your laptop and mobile chargers and unneeded devices when they’re not in use: if you are going out, make sure all the lights are turned off and all your devices are taken off standby wherever possible.
- * Wash your clothes at a cooler temperature. Try washing at 30 degrees instead of 40 – modern detergents are just as effective.
- * Only boil the amount of water you need. Don’t boil a full kettle for a single cup of tea.
- * Run your washing machine and dishwasher with a full load. Don’t be tempted to do several smaller loads, as it is false economy.
- * Turn all of your appliances off at the wall when they’re not in use, Standby mode still uses some energy.
- * Use ‘Eco Mode’ if your appliance has it. Many of the models of washing machine and washer dryer have an 'eco' mode setting which uses less energy and water to clean, so it is worth looking out for that and using it for your lightly soiled laundry.
S&D Ireland – Domestic Appliance Sales and Repairs
S&D Ireland are your local Ormskirk domestic appliance sales and repairs experts: Call today to find out more about our wide range of domestic appliances Ormskirk and Ormskirk repair services.
Aintree Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 0151 6017150
Tarleton Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01695 768738
Skelmersdale Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01695 768738
Bootle Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 0151 6017150
Southport Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01704 779123
Ormskirk Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01695 768738