You would think your dishwasher is constantly cleaning itself — but it is not. Bits of food, grease and water minerals will build up in its filter and interior. Along with causing an unpleasant smell, this gunk can leave spots on your dinnerware.
How Often Do You Need To Clean Your Dishwasher?
Prevention is better than cure. Using a high-quality dishwasher powder and rinse aid helps reduce those unsightly spots on the interior of the dishwasher, and in hard water areas, using salt in your dishwasher as directed by the manufacturer helps prevent spotting on glassware. Regardless, you should do some upkeep on a regular basis
* Daily: Remove any leftover bits of food
* Weekly: Wipe down the inside of the dishwasher door, its gasket, and clear its filter
* Monthly: Deep clean the dishwasher
How to clean a dishwasher door
* Wipe away residue and splashes on the door, its edges, the handle, or the dishwasher controls with a microfiber cloth.
* Don't use a cleaning product to avoid damaging the controls.
* Gently scrub the rubber seal using an old soft toothbrush then wipe it clean with a damp paper towel.
How to clean a dishwasher filter
If the filter isn't clean, nothing will be. The filter is usually right below the bottom spray arm — you'll usually have to pull out the bottom rack to get at it.
* Unlock and take out the filter
* Rinse it under the hot tap
* Use a soft toothbrush to scrub the mesh screen clean and remove any particles that are stuck in it. Then, rinse it again.
* Lock it back into place inside the machine.
* Never operate your dishwasher without the filter in place, it can cause serious damage to the machine.
S&D Ireland – Dishwasher Sales and Repairs
S&D Ireland is your local dishwasher expert: Call us today to find out more about our range of appliances and repair services.
Dishwasher Repairs Southport Call 01704 779 123
Dishwasher Repairs Maghull Call 0151 601 7150
Dishwasher Repairs Formby Call 01704 779 123
Dishwasher Repairs Kirkby Call 0151 601 7150
Dishwasher Repairs Bootle Call 0151 601 7150
Dishwasher Repairs Crosby Call 0151 601 7150