Manufacturers build their appliances to last; that is why so many of them offer guarantees of up to five years. However, with a little effort, you can prolong the lifespan of your product even more, keep it running efficiently, and save money.
Cleaning Your Oven Racks, Shelves and Trays
If you have not got a modern self-cleaning oven using pyrolytic technology, then our cleaning guide will have it gleaming like new in next to no time.
You do not need to use a caustic oven cleaner, or hire a professional - all that you need is baking soda, vinegar and a lemon to naturally remove dirt or grease.
* If your oven has burnt-on grease residue stuck to the bottom, sprinkle baking soda on the base and leave it to soften overnight. In the morning you will be able to wipe it away using a sponge dipped in warm water.
* Make sure that the oven is switched off at the mains and completely cool. Put a baking tray in the bottom of the oven, then with a pair of rubber gloves or use an old washing up sponge to brush down the racks. Then empty the debris into the bin and load the tray in the dishwasher.
* Take out the racks, shelves and trays.
* Lay some newspapers or old towels on the floor to protect it
* Layout the racks, trays and shelves and sprinkle them generously with baking soda - then spray them with neat white vinegar.
* When the vinegar contacts the baking soda it fizzes so you will know it is doing its job!
* When the foaming has stopped, submerge the racks in hot soapy water and leave them to soak overnight.
S&D Ireland – Oven and cooker Sales and Repairs
S&D Ireland is your local oven and cooker experts: Call us today to find out more about our range of appliances and repair services.
Aintree Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 0151 6017150
Tarleton Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01695 768738
Skelmersdale Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01695 768738
Bootle Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 0151 6017150
Southport Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01704 779123
Ormskirk Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01695 768738