Manufacturers build appliances to last; that’s why so many of them offer guarantees of up to five years. However, with a little bit of effort, you can prolong the lifespan of your product, keep it running more efficiently, and save money.
Cleaning Blenders, Food Processors, Juicers & Smoothie Makers
All of these handy kitchen appliances have enjoyed a resurgence lately, with the increasing popularity of smoothies and juices made of healthy fruits and vegetables. They are ever so handy as a way to ensure that food does not get wasted as you can quickly and easily transform your leftovers into a delicious soup, and fruit into delicious juices or smoothies.
For those of us who are familiar with blenders, food processors, juicers and smoothie makers, we know how susceptible they are to gathering food residue. Whilst most components can be cleaned in the dishwasher, this is fiddly and time-consuming. Follow this handy guide to get your blender sparkling clean and free from dirt and grime!
- Ensure that your blender is free from food residue by rinsing it out thoroughly, then fill it half full with hot (but not boiling) water.
- Add a few drops of dishwasher liquid to the water. Experts recommend using dishwasher liquid, not washing up liquid for this purpose.
- Power up the device! Then, put the blender back onto its base, making sure that it is securely in place. Run it for between 30 and 45 seconds.
- Pick the blender back up and empty out the liquid.
- Rinse and repeat! Thoroughly wash the blender out under warm running water, ensuring all of the frothy remnants are swilled out. Rinse it again with cold water, place it upturned on your drainer and leave to drip dry.
S&D Ireland – Small Appliance Sales and Repairs
S&D Ireland is your local small appliance expert. Call us today to find out more about our range of appliances and repair services.
Aintree Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 0151 6017150
Tarleton Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01695 768738
Skelmersdale Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01695 768738
Bootle Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 0151 6017150
Southport Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01704 779123
Ormskirk Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01695 768738