Refrigeration appliances are very important – and like any appliance, you have to make sure your fridge is kept clean. Here is a guide to keeping your fridge clean and working well.
Avoid a Frosty Reception from your Fridge!
Cleaning is not only for important for hygiene reasons: cleaning your fridge regularly prevents unpleasant odours, keeps food tasting fresh, and can even increase the machine’s lifespan.
As well as immediately cleaning up any spillages; wiping down the handles and removing spoiled food frequently, it’s recommended that you deep clean your refrigerator every three or four months.
What is the best way to clean your Refrigerator?
- * First, make sure you plan ahead by using up as much food within as possible. Remove remaining food, putting perishables somewhere cold - like a cool box. Check the use-by dates on everything and dispose any that are out of date.
- * Carefully remove the shelves and the salad drawers from the refrigerator and wash them in hot soapy water.
- * Move the fridge away from the wall (ask for help if needed) and wipe down all of the outside surfaces using a soft cloth.
- * Vacuum away any dust that has build up on the condenser at the back of the fridge – this keeps it running efficiently.
- * Wipe down the inside of the fridge with a mixture of hot water and baking soda. Don’t forget to use rubber gloves to protect your hands! It is also a good idea to place a towel on the bottom of the compartment to catch any water that drops down.
- * Thoroughly wipe away any crumbs that have gathered in the seals around the doors and then dry them using a tea towel.
- * Reassemble the fridge interior, close the door and allow it to cool down to 5°C before you put the food back inside.
S&D Ireland –Refrigerator Sales and Repairs
S&D Ireland is your local refrigerator experts: Call us today to find out more about our range of appliances and repair services.
Aintree Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 0151 6017150
Tarleton Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01695 768738
Skelmersdale Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01695 768738
Bootle Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 0151 6017150
Southport Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01704 779123
Ormskirk Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01695 768738