Most modern cookers are relatively easy to keep clean, some having self-cleaning functions or wipe-down surfaces. If you want to spend as little time as possible cleaning your cooker, read on to find out about pyrolytic ovens, ceramic hobs and other easy-clean features.
Easy Clean and Self Cleaning Cookers
There are many features available that make cleaning your cooker easier. Bear in mind that virtually every oven will have some kind of easy cleaning feature, some are more effective than others.
- Most oven doors have double-glazed glass doors that can be removed and soaked so you can get rid of grease and stains.
- Enamel liners are common but vary depending on brand and product. These are smooth, so it makes it harder for dirt and grease to stick to its surface. It is worth cleaning the liner regularly to minimise the build-up of food.
- Catalytic liners are a great way to reduce cleaning. Panels in the oven will absorb and break down grease and it is burnt away during cooking. This is a popular feature, so you don’t need to a big budget to get a self-cleaning oven.
- Pyrolytic cleaning programmes are available on some high spec cookers. These run the appliance at a very high temperature to burn off leftover food, so all you’re left with is a pile of ash. The programme typically takes about two hours, and for safety reasons, the oven door will be locked. This feature is not often found on range cookers so bear it in mind if you don’t like cleaning ovens!
- Steam cleaning is becoming common on newer models. It cleans without the need for chemical cleaning products. The oven heats up and converts water to steam which loosens burnt-on food that can then be easily removed by wiping down once the oven has cooled down again.
Why Choose S&D Ireland For Electric Cooker Repairs?
S&D Ireland offers an Electric Cooker Repairs Service on most of the models offered by the leading manufacturers like Whirlpool, Hotpoint, Beko, Bosch, Hoover, Candy and Indesit. Just call us today on 0151 6017150 to arrange a visit from one of our electric Cooker repair technicians.
Electric Cooker Repairs Ormskirk Call 01695 768738
Electric Cooker Repairs Bootle Call 0151 6017150
Electric Cooker Repairs Lydiate Call 0151 6017150
Electric Cooker Repairs Crosby Call 0151 6017150
Electric Cooker Repairs Southport Call 01704 779123
Electric Cooker Repairs Maghull Call 0151 6017150