Washing machine features can be confusing. Here’s our guide to cut through the jargon.
Jargon Free Washing Machine Features
- Most washing machine control panels have a multitude of buttons, switches and dials to set the machine. Some high-end models now have touch control displays, so it is easier than ever to set up a cycle.
- Indicator lights are used to indicate what settings you’ve chosen and how long is left in the cycle. Some machines use an LCD display instead.
- Some machines have favourites buttons, so you can save your favourite settings.
- Pause buttons are useful feature – especially when you find an extra sock for the wash after the cycle has started.
- A time delay allows you to set a programme to start when you want. This is useful for those who have cheaper night-time electricity rates or don’t like damp clothes in the machine for hours.
Many washing machine features protect you against accidents.
- Child locks stop children from altering settings once a wash has started.
- Door locks prevent little ones from opening the machine.
- Overflow systems use sensors to detect potential problems. They cut off the water supply if there is a problem, so you don’t come home to a flood.
- Many machines have overheating protection, which helps to extend the motor’s life span.
- Excessive detergent can cause an overflow of foam. Anti-foam technology prevents this.
Technology helps washing machines be quieter than ever.
- Modern brushless motors reduce high-frequency noise for quieter wash programmes.
- Machine walls can now be designed to absorb the sound and reduce vibrations.
- Self-cleaning detergent drawers use powerful water jets to flush out residue after a wash.
- Some brands now include portholes with mini doors so you can add items to the wash after it has started.
- Variable spin speeds are ideal if your sheets are coming out creased. Lower the spin speed and they don’t get as tangled.
- Some machines have special drums that move your laundry items around evenly during the wash.
S&D Ireland is your local washing machine experts: Call us today to find out more about our range of domestic appliances or if you have a washing machine in need of repair. We have fixed-price labour costs: you pay a set fee plus the price of parts. Ring our team now to find out more or arrange a visit from a service engineer.
Washing Machine Repairs Southport Call 01704 779 123
Washing Machine Repairs Bootle Call 0151 601 7150
Washing Machine Repairs Maghull Call 0151 601 7150
Washing Machine Repairs Kirkby Call 0151 601 7150
Washing Machine Repairs Crosby Call 0151 601 7150
Washing Machine Repairs Formby Call 01704 779 123