Vacuum cleaners are available in many shapes and sizes, and so there are several options if you have a small home or you are short of storage space.
There are different types of compact vacuum cleaners. They include cylinder, stick and handheld. Our guide should help you decide on a model that’s best for you.
Cylinder vacuums are lighter and smaller than traditional upright vacuum cleaners.
- They are easier to manoeuvre and can be used on any floor surface.
- They come with a small unit on wheels and multiple attachments.
- Bagged cylinder cleaners tend to have greater capacity, although bagless models are usually more cost effective.
- Bagless models are better for the environment and don’t lose suction power when they fill up.
- Cyclone technology is sometimes used which traps allergens and bacteria.
STICK AND CORDLESS VACUUMS
Stick vacuum cleaners have a suction tube and handle. The dirt is collected in a small compartment near the handle.
- Despite being smaller than upright models, they often perform just as well.
- They are easier to manoeuvre and typically weigh a lot less – about three kilogrammes.
- Storage is simple, due to the slim design.
- The capacity of a cordless model is typically around 0.5 litres, and battery life ranges from 10 minutes to an hour –which should be enough to clean most two-storey houses.
Handheld vacuums are a lot smaller: just a handle and a nozzle. They also vary more in performance.
- They will tend to have a shorter battery life – as little as between five minutes and half an hour.
- They are more suited to restricted spaces such as the car.
- Prices can range from as low as £15 to as much as £250. More expensive models can suck up wet spills too.
- Handhelds have a smaller dust capacity than a conventional vacuum cleaner, ranging from 0.5 to 5 litres.
- The major advantage of handhelds is they are light and compact, weighing between 0.7 kg and 2.3 kg.
Call us today to find out more about our services, or to arrange for your visit from a domestic appliance repair engineer.
Aintree Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 0151 601 7150
Tarleton Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01695 768 738
Skelmersdale Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01695 768 738
Bootle Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 0151 601 7150
Southport Domestic Appliance Repairs Call 01704 779 123